Yeah, it's a scam.Here's the follow up response to the "tutoring email" I wrote about earlier.
Thanks for your email,And more so i am glad the way you have kept me posted on the (tutoring) and i have accepted your offer and its okay by me,

I have make contacts with my son concerning the arrangement of the tutoring which he told me is ok by him and i want you to know that i am going to pay for month which is $300and also my client who is in U .S. will be sending you a check of $4,000

And i want you to know that the rest of the money will be used to get house accomodation beside your location for my son and his nanny and any other arrangement for the lesson so that the tuition can be able to conveniet for both of you,as soon as you get the check cash you will deduct cost of price of the lesson and send remaing balance to my son's TICKET AGENT so that they can book for their flight ticket to come to U.S.

Regarding this kindly get back to me with your full information to receive the check ,like your full name we be on check your full address where you can receive it, inculding your contact phone number, so that payment can be able to made out intime,Because i want the lesson to start as soon as you received the check .

Thanks and waiting to read from you.

jackcob.

Obviously, I'm not going to give them any personal information, but I would like to have some fun with this. Any suggestions?

1 comments

Anonymous Anonymous  said...

Sounds like money laundering scams.....you cash a fake check, take your "tutoring" fee, and give them the rest. There was a ring of undergrads here at MSU that got caught.

Thursday, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment  |  Back to Hey Paul.