God Hates FagsWell, we knew that. But I guess he also hates the rest of us who think it's none of our fucking business who their neighbor fucks. God even hates the soldiers who risk their lives fighting for our freedom.
Phelps believes the deaths of U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and the 2001 terrorist attacks are an angry God's punishment for the country's tolerance of homosexuality. "This nation has ticked off the Almighty, and it's too late to repent," he says.

Now even an apostate like myself knows these nutjobs aren't getting their message from the New Testament. But to say that their message isn't biblical is just false. The Old Testatment is full of this sort of thing. God is all about punishing the wicked—most often by death. That's religion. My question is, since I know most modern Christians would tell you that's not really the message of the Bible (though, it's anybody's guess how they know), why aren't they the loudest and most vehement critics of this sort of sick display of religious fervor? We constantly hear about how it's such an abomination for two men to live together in a committed relationship, but we don't hear those same people condemning this message of hate. Apparently, God's more concerned with making sure we know who he hates than who he loves. That's religion.

Amen.

1 comments

Blogger The Dog of Freetown  said...

I hate hate. Which means I hate myself. Which means I don't respect any of my own attitudes, such as hating hate. I love figs though.

Friday, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment  |  Back to Hey Paul.