If you haven't done anything wrong...then you shouldn't be treated as a potential terrorist.
If I had to choose between a one in ten thousand chance that I or someone I love might be killed by a terrorist in any given year or living in a police state, I'd take the former. The goal of terrorism is to make us live in fear and to destroy our way of life. If we become a nation of secret laws, pervasive surveillance, and midnight justice (Guantanamo and secret prisons, anybody?), then the terrorists have "won", even if there is never another attack on US soil.
Loren Davidson (CNN.com)

For some reason, I used to be of the mind set that if you haven't done anything wrong, you've got nothing to hide. I don't know exactly when or why I changed my mind, but I couldn't agree more with Loren.

1 comments

Blogger The Dog of Freetown  said...

Of course that may be because you've been subverted by terrorists. I'll inform the Pentagon to make an extra space available in Cuba.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment  |  Back to Hey Paul.