OK, I just couldn't wait to continue the post below. The discussion ended with the conclusion that since I was white and male (and therefore obviously born with a silver spoon in my mouth), I was too stupid to know any better. Ok, well not too stupid, but too ignorant or too inexperienced with the harsh realities of life. Maybe I am, but what does that have to do with anything? What did the founding fathers (all white men, if I'm not mistaken) know about the harsh realities of life? Just because I've never been a slave or had to sit at the back of a bus doesn't mean I can't think critically about important issues such as civil liberties and my government's role in shaping society. And just because I disagree with the mainstream (there's that word again) about how to deal with discrimination, does that make me a selfish bigot? I don't think so.