Seriously, this time I'm really gonna try to start blogging regularly. I really do enjoy this thing, but I get so sidetracked by the million other things I enjoy as well--not to mention the millions of things I have to do that I don't so much enjoy as endure.

Part of my problem is I feel like there's so much to write about and I don't know where to start. So I'm just going to try some some stream-of-conscienceness stuff and see what comes of it.

Even before I moved back out to California, I'd been planning on buying a new car, but I'd sort of wanted to put it off as long as possible. I figured as long as my current vehicle wasn't completely dead, why bother.

Well, about a week ago, my car (a 1990 Acura Legend) was broken into and the stereo was stolen. I guess it was a nicer stereo than I realized, and since the car had no security system, it was an easy target--despite that fact that I live in a gated complex in a relatively nice area.

Anyway, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I decided it was time to break down and get a new car. After all, I was actaully driving illegally, since you're supposed to register your vehicle within 10 days of moving to the state, but I never bothered.

So last weekend I went out test-driving lots of cars; the Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Camry, Ford Ranger, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, and the Volkwagon Jetta. I also sat in several other cars, but quickly found out they were too small to bother driving.

The VW Jetta was hands-down the best car of the day. So much fun to drive and it felt like a luxury car. I had no intentions of buying a car that day--I wanted to take my time and make the right decision, but it was such an awesome car. And I think I got a really great deal.

Anyway, not much to ponder in this post, but I'm so in love with my new car (my very first brand new car) I just had to share. I guess all that education is continuing to pay off.