Scratch that--the entire midwest is for haters. Kansas is just the latest in a long line of bigoted states to embarass themselves with a constitutional ban on gay marriage.
"I am a Christian," [Eric] Hetzel said. "I believe in the Bible and what it says that marriage is between a man and a woman."

That's great Eric--good for you. What about the rest of us who don't want your religion shoved down our throats? Mind your own damn business and I promise I won't do anything to "threaten" your marraige.

But Byron Defreese, a 65-year-old retiree, called the amendment "total foolishness."

"I don't know how this is going to defend my marriage of 43 years," he said. "I think it's a diversion from the real issues."

You mean you weren't worried the gays were going break into your home and steal your wife or try to molest you 'till you went over to the dark side? You'll sleep better tonight knowing your marraige is safe. Phew!

And what real issues? Oh, did you mean homelessness, poverty, teen pregnancy, illiteracy--those sorta things. Silly Byron--Jesus doesn't care about those things--just those nasty gays. Haven't you read your Bible lately? Jesus was constantly preaching about homos and all their nasty ways--I don't think Christ ever really mentioned the poor or the sick. If you're poor or sick, it just means you're a sinner. Turn you life over to God and all will be well. Just ask Terry Schiavo.