I guess I should preface this by saying I'm in a pretty good mood today. Frankly, I've been in a better mood these last days, and have been less irritable--not that I think I'm generally all that testy. But here are a few things I encountered today (though not for the first time) that annoy the hell outta me.

1. At Best Buy, why do they insist on trying to sell you crap magazine subscriptions at the register? The register is for people who are done shopping and want to pay and get out. Now I have to wait for Mrs. Impulse-Buy to fill out all the paperwork and have the cashier explain how it's all gonna go down.

2. Also at Best Buy, why do they need my phone number to purchase a twenty dollar set of headphones? Just ring me up already. The price is the same no matter what my phone number is, so mind your own damn business.

3. Why do people have to smoke in the laundry room? You already reek enough, you don't need to spread your stench to all my clean laundry.

1 comments

Blogger Evan Jones  said...

1. It's bad enough that they cram the checkout area with impulse items, but when someone decides to subscribe to a magazine, another clerk should materialize to usher that person to the magazine counter.

2. They need your telephone number to determine where their customer-base resides. Once they know where you are, they can place advertising more appropriately.

3. The people in the laundry room are probably libertarians using the public air- space in the way they see fit. After all, they put their quarters in the machine. In California, we let the government take care of this problem.

Saturday, January 22, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to Hey Paul.