So my old Braun electric razor finally died over Christmas vacation and I decided to go with the Norelco Coolskin 7734X. I thought it'd be great to be able to shave in the shower. Like Kramer (of Seinfeld fame--do I need to clarify?), the more I can get done in the shower the better--still looking for a bathtub garbage disposal though. Anyway, it's a decent razor. In addition to being shower-friendly, it also dispenses lotion. That's a nice feature, though it only takes Nivea for Men lotion in specailly made packages and I can never seem to find them. My one complaint though is the recharging station. One, it's just one more thing to lug around when travelling. Two, should the charge run out (and why didn't the engineers anticipate that?) you are stuck until the shaver recharges. Had the cord plugged directly into the razor, you could at least shave while it was recharging--though not in the shower, probably. I can only assume this was intentional and done at the urging of Norelco's lawyers who forsaw some idiot sticking 120 live volts up to his face (or worse--use your imagination). I say, let the guy kill himself, who are we to intefere with mother nature and the inner workings of natural selection.

1 comments

Blogger Class of 1996 Reunion Committee  said...

Regarding the bathtub garbage disposal you're looking for, I think Clarkman makes one, but there's a misprint in the installation manual.

Friday, January 28, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to Hey Paul.